Paul Jump is senior science and research reporter as well as deputy features and opinions editor. He writes on issues such as research funding, the research councils and the research excellence framework. He is additionally responsible for reporting on higher education in Australasia, and commissions articles for both the opinions and features sections of the magazine.
He was formerly politics, law and governance reporter for Third Sector magazine, and a freelancer at The Guardian. He has a BPhil in philosophy from the University of Oxford. He joined THE in May 2010.
Paul was runner-up in the outstanding higher education journalism category at the 2013 CIPR Education Journalism Awards.
Paul can be found tweeting at @PaulJump
- +44 (0)20 3194 3438
Freedom of Information requests reveal substantial hikes in university outlay despite open access push
Prospective students seek an institution in the top 200 but ‘brand personality’ is a puzzle to them
The man who helped to identify the virus has encouraged staff and students to volunteer
- Campus close-up: Institute of Cancer ResearchSubscription
- How to choose the right journal for your paperSubscription
- Hidden leopard-skin G-string exposedSubscription
- Swansea University passes QAA review after upscaling quarrelSubscription
- LED scientists share physics Nobel
- Leeds Beckett and York St John v-cs to retire
- Nobel Prizes: US dominates predictions