Paul Jump is senior science and research reporter as well as deputy features and opinions editor. He writes on issues such as research funding, the research councils and the research excellence framework. He is additionally responsible for reporting on higher education in Australasia, and commissions articles for both the opinions and features sections of the magazine.
He was formerly politics, law and governance reporter for Third Sector magazine, and a freelancer at The Guardian. He has a BPhil in philosophy from the University of Oxford. He joined THE in May 2010.
Paul was runner-up in the outstanding higher education journalism category at the 2013 CIPR Education Journalism Awards.
Paul can be found tweeting at @PaulJump
- +44 (0)20 3194 3438
Alternative ranking of REF results maps university performance against the proportion of eligible staff submitted.
REF 2014 results: table of excellenceSubscription
Some post-92s gain, but traditional research powers dominate 2014 research excellence framework rankings
REF 2014: results by subjectSubscription
Were new research stars born? Who was helped or hurt by impact? Times Higher Education dissects the results by discipline
- REF 2014 winners: who performed best?Subscription
- Warwick academics ‘treated like City traders’ with financial targetsSubscription
- Researcher claims to have answer to negative citationsSubscription
- Australia: Coalition takes second run at higher education reform billSubscription
- Discovery and impact: no conflict in twin aims, EPSRC chief insistsSubscription
- Campus close-up: Sheffield Hallam UniversitySubscription
- ‘Crick of the North’ confirmed for Manchester