Matthew Reisz is a reporter and features writer. He is responsible for: intellectual affairs; trends within disciplines, particularly in the arts, humanities and social sciences; author profiles, libraries and publishing as well as reporting on issues in European higher education.
He grew up in London and studied Classics and French at Balliol College, Oxford. He has since worked as a journalist, editor, copy-writer, ghost-writer and translator. He was, for several years, editor of the Jewish Quarterly and has also compiled and presented programmes for BBC Radio.
He is the 2009 winner of the National Education Journalist of the Year award, run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Matthew can be found tweeting at @MatthewReiszTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3237
Ted Belytschko, 1943-2014Subscription
A much-cited engineering researcher whose systems of prototyping helped to produce safer cars has died
Eminent sociologist Ken Plummer captures 50 tales of a groundbreaking department
British Library and Qatar Foundation digitisation project to unlock a treasure trove of source materials for researchers
- Chris Marlin, 1952-2014Subscription
- Israeli scholars asked to drop Ariel University affiliationSubscription
- Egypt tailors reforms on UK modelSubscription
- Making the ancient seem modernSubscription
- Campus close-up: University of LiverpoolSubscription
- Heather Höpfl, 1948-2014Subscription
- Film shows fight for education by Iran’s Baha’isSubscription