Matthew Reisz is a reporter and features writer. He is responsible for: intellectual affairs; trends within disciplines, particularly in the arts, humanities and social sciences; author profiles, libraries and publishing as well as reporting on issues in European higher education.
He grew up in London and studied Classics and French at Balliol College, Oxford. He has since worked as a journalist, editor, copy-writer, ghost-writer and translator. He was, for several years, editor of the Jewish Quarterly and has also compiled and presented programmes for BBC Radio.
He is the 2009 winner of the National Education Journalist of the Year award, run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Matthew can be found tweeting at @MatthewReiszTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3237
Leonard Marsh, 1930-2014Subscription
A leading authority on primary education who served for more than 20 years as principal of what is now Bishop Grosseteste University has died
Battle of Ideas debate asks if policies of “no-platforming” make campuses ‘homogeneous zones of head-nodding’
Liberal arts builds momentum in the UKSubscription
Symposium hears of efforts to build broad-based humanities study on British soil
- Top tips for women in academic medicine
- Inside Out Festival 2014Subscription
- Dissemination of dissent: lessons from Iran’s revolutionSubscription
- Performing lost Jewish music and theatreSubscription
- David Willetts given fellowship by Academy of Social Sciences
- Anna Craft, 1961-2014Subscription
- Interview: Hoarder or collector?Subscription