Matthew Reisz is a reporter and features writer. He is responsible for: intellectual affairs; trends within disciplines, particularly in the arts, humanities and social sciences; author profiles, libraries and publishing as well as reporting on issues in European higher education.
He grew up in London and studied Classics and French at Balliol College, Oxford. He has since worked as a journalist, editor, copy-writer, ghost-writer and translator. He was, for several years, editor of the Jewish Quarterly and has also compiled and presented programmes for BBC Radio.
He is the 2009 winner of the National Education Journalist of the Year award, run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Matthew can be found tweeting at @MatthewReiszTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3237
Queen’s Belfast move suggests event could still go ahead, but confusion remains about why conference was cancelled
A university has launched what it claims is the UK’s first module in ‘drag studies’
David Peacock, 1939-2015Subscription
One of the most innovative archaeologists of his generation has died
- Does politics matter? Answers on a beer mat, pleaseSubscription
- Death may have many dates, conference hearsSubscription
- Guy Judge, 1949-2015Subscription
- Outsider adds perspective to play marking Oklahoma bombingSubscription
- Milan’s MBA powerhouse trains sights on alumni in LondonSubscription
- Alice Teichova, 1920-2015Subscription
- Southampton cancels controversial Israel conference