Matthew Reisz is a reporter and features writer. He is responsible for: intellectual affairs; trends within disciplines, particularly in the arts, humanities and social sciences; author profiles, libraries and publishing as well as reporting on issues in European higher education.
He grew up in London and studied Classics and French at Balliol College, Oxford. He has since worked as a journalist, editor, copy-writer, ghost-writer and translator. He was, for several years, editor of the Jewish Quarterly and has also compiled and presented programmes for BBC Radio.
He is the 2009 winner of the National Education Journalist of the Year award, run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Matthew can be found tweeting at @MatthewReiszTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3237
Sheffield lecturer’s production of Hazel Flagg with its Jule Styne score combines research, teaching and outreach
Roy Bhaskar, 1944-2014Subscription
The chief architect of the philosophy of critical realism has died
Language degrees: when the words are not enoughSubscription
Seminar debates conflicting trends in the discipline as industry figures look beyond fluency
- Campus close-up: University of SheffieldSubscription
- Einstein goes digital as material about his life is placed online
- Bernd Magnus, 1937-2014Subscription
- Research v regulation: is there another way?Subscription
- Where all the stage is a world for scholars to exploreSubscription
- World’s oldest scientific journal is focus of new exhibition
- Rona Woodward, 1964-2014Subscription