Matthew Reisz is a reporter and features writer. He is responsible for: intellectual affairs; trends within disciplines, particularly in the arts, humanities and social sciences; author profiles, libraries and publishing as well as reporting on issues in European higher education.
He grew up in London and studied Classics and French at Balliol College, Oxford. He has since worked as a journalist, editor, copy-writer, ghost-writer and translator. He was, for several years, editor of the Jewish Quarterly and has also compiled and presented programmes for BBC Radio.
He is the 2009 winner of the National Education Journalist of the Year award, run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Matthew can be found tweeting at @MatthewReiszTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3237
Sigbert Prais, 1928-2014Subscription
An economist who specialised in looking at the causes of low productivity in the UK has died
A University of Sheffield scientist is using pole dancing to make his subject more accessible
How Dubai’s business school bubble burstSubscription
Boom and bust could herald a depression for the global sector, warn Finnish academics
- Birkbeck team gets £300,000 to look at monotheism
- Howard Erskine-Hill, 1936-2014Subscription
- British Surrealism Unlocked: Works from the Sherwin CollectionSubscription
- Richard Hoggart dies aged 95
- Bryan Clarke, 1932-2014Subscription
- Satisfy your morbid interests at Barts Death SalonSubscription
- Habib Kazdaghli: honoured by Scholars at RiskSubscription