Matthew Reisz is a reporter and features writer. He is responsible for: intellectual affairs; trends within disciplines, particularly in the arts, humanities and social sciences; author profiles, libraries and publishing as well as reporting on issues in European higher education.
He grew up in London and studied Classics and French at Balliol College, Oxford. He has since worked as a journalist, editor, copy-writer, ghost-writer and translator. He was, for several years, editor of the Jewish Quarterly and has also compiled and presented programmes for BBC Radio.
He is the 2009 winner of the National Education Journalist of the Year award, run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Matthew can be found tweeting at @MatthewReiszTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3237
Heather Höpfl, 1948-2014Subscription
A leading expert on organisational theory and women in management has died
Film shows fight for education by Iran’s Baha’isSubscription
To Light a Candle documentary spotlights work of underground Baha’i Institute for Higher Education in face of persecution
A new report reveals the extent to which British students welcome their international peers
- John Sperling, 1921-2014Subscription
- Interview with the authors of Aspiring Adults AdriftSubscription
- Shakespeare scholar disputes decision-reversal by journalSubscription
- Tips for getting your research fundedSubscription
- Challenges for early arts and humanities careers highlighted
- Laurence Mee, 1951-2014Subscription
- Battle scars: Did Achilles suffer from PTSD?Subscription