Matthew Reisz is a reporter and features writer. He is responsible for: intellectual affairs; trends within disciplines, particularly in the arts, humanities and social sciences; author profiles, libraries and publishing as well as reporting on issues in European higher education.
He grew up in London and studied Classics and French at Balliol College, Oxford. He has since worked as a journalist, editor, copy-writer, ghost-writer and translator. He was, for several years, editor of the Jewish Quarterly and has also compiled and presented programmes for BBC Radio.
He is the 2009 winner of the National Education Journalist of the Year award, run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Matthew can be found tweeting at @MatthewReiszTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3237
Howard Erskine-Hill, 1936-2014Subscription
A Cambridge professor of literary history has died
A GP’s art collection offers a comprehensive view of an overlooked movement
Richard Hoggart, one of the most admired and influential academics of his generation, has died aged 95.
- Bryan Clarke, 1932-2014Subscription
- Satisfy your morbid interests at Barts Death SalonSubscription
- Habib Kazdaghli: honoured by Scholars at RiskSubscription
- Magnetic north plans to reset the cultural compassSubscription
- Teutonic tutors slide down ‘income pyramid’Subscription
- Mary Midgley: more than a sum of partsSubscription
- Magna Charta Observatory seeks secretary-general to lead missionSubscription