Matthew Reisz is a reporter and features writer. He is responsible for: intellectual affairs; trends within disciplines, particularly in the arts, humanities and social sciences; author profiles, libraries and publishing as well as reporting on issues in European higher education.
He grew up in London and studied Classics and French at Balliol College, Oxford. He has since worked as a journalist, editor, copy-writer, ghost-writer and translator. He was, for several years, editor of the Jewish Quarterly and has also compiled and presented programmes for BBC Radio.
He is the 2009 winner of the National Education Journalist of the Year award, run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Matthew can be found tweeting at @MatthewReiszTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3237
Earl Cheit, 1926-2014Subscription
A leading academic administrator who also made a major contribution to business economics has died
Research suggests some standard management techniques work on academics after all, and older institutions are most effective
Research ethics: when friends become workSubscription
Social scientist mulls the perks and pitfalls of using personal networks in research
- Alliances overseas can ‘secure future’ for languagesSubscription
- Burning Man to showcase work based on British Library images
- JoAnn Carmin, 1957-2014Subscription
- Celebrity masterminds: Laurie Taylor and Sally Feldman on fameSubscription
- James MacGregor Burns, 1918-2014Subscription
- Wikimania: student medics get credit for webside mannerSubscription
- NUS Israel boycott 'rewards Hamas child death strategy', student claims