Matthew Reisz is a reporter and features writer. He is responsible for: intellectual affairs; trends within disciplines, particularly in the arts, humanities and social sciences; author profiles, libraries and publishing as well as reporting on issues in European higher education.
He grew up in London and studied Classics and French at Balliol College, Oxford. He has since worked as a journalist, editor, copy-writer, ghost-writer and translator. He was, for several years, editor of the Jewish Quarterly and has also compiled and presented programmes for BBC Radio.
He is the 2009 winner of the National Education Journalist of the Year award, run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Matthew can be found tweeting at @MatthewReiszTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3237
JoAnn Carmin, 1957-2014Subscription
One of the world’s leading environmental sociologists has died
Sociologist’s and media scholar’s work on TV interview series furnished raw material for a study of the limelight and those in it
James MacGregor Burns, 1918-2014Subscription
A political scientist who was a pioneer in the field of leadership studies has died
- Wikimania: student medics get credit for webside mannerSubscription
- NUS Israel boycott 'rewards Hamas child death strategy', student claims
- 'Right to be forgotten' comes under attack
- Norman Gibson, 1931-2014Subscription
- Wellcome and Jisc take 19th-century medical archives onlineSubscription
- Cardiff University unveils Collingwood CollectionSubscription
- Unconditional degree place offered as prize in competition