Matthew Reisz is a reporter and features writer. He is responsible for: intellectual affairs; trends within disciplines, particularly in the arts, humanities and social sciences; author profiles, libraries and publishing as well as reporting on issues in European higher education.
He grew up in London and studied Classics and French at Balliol College, Oxford. He has since worked as a journalist, editor, copy-writer, ghost-writer and translator. He was, for several years, editor of the Jewish Quarterly and has also compiled and presented programmes for BBC Radio.
He is the 2009 winner of the National Education Journalist of the Year award, run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Matthew can be found tweeting at @MatthewReiszTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3237
‘Gender-hostile’ work environments still high on list of problems
Noel Gale, 1931-2014Subscription
A leading physicist who switched mid-career to acclaimed collaborative work in archaeology has died
The British Academy is launching a major series of free public debates examining the crucial issues of our time
- 'Speed dating' helps conference academics mix
- Alison Jolly, 1937-2014Subscription
- Redefining success may help women achieve potentialSubscription
- Scholars recall Stuart Hall, ‘high priest of the New Left’
- Terence Hawkes, 1932-2014Subscription
- Student chants: harmless rivalry or plain misogyny?Subscription
- Bodleian appoints to top job