Matthew Reisz is a reporter and features writer. He is responsible for: intellectual affairs; trends within disciplines, particularly in the arts, humanities and social sciences; author profiles, libraries and publishing as well as reporting on issues in European higher education.
He grew up in London and studied Classics and French at Balliol College, Oxford. He has since worked as a journalist, editor, copy-writer, ghost-writer and translator. He was, for several years, editor of the Jewish Quarterly and has also compiled and presented programmes for BBC Radio.
He is the 2009 winner of the National Education Journalist of the Year award, run by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. Matthew can be found tweeting at @MatthewReiszTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3237
A one-day conference has explored how to overcome the challenges faced by women in academic medicine
Inside Out Festival 2014Subscription
The thinking person’s festival of culture in the capital offers Londoners a variety of delights and insights into the city around them
Iran shaped the career of Annabelle Sreberny, professor of global media and communications at Soas, but doing research there remains difficult
- Performing lost Jewish music and theatreSubscription
- David Willetts given fellowship by Academy of Social Sciences
- Anna Craft, 1961-2014Subscription
- Interview: Hoarder or collector?Subscription
- A lens on Greek tragedy, ancient and modernSubscription
- Ted Belytschko, 1943-2014Subscription
- Imaginations: University of Essex’s sociological half-centurySubscription