John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia. He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
Labour have accused the coalition of “complete confusion” after Vince Cable said the write-off estimate on student loans will be revised downwards.
The government’s new immigration minister has threatened to make it tougher for education institutions to keep their student visa licences.
Fees ‘amnesty’ tops UUK’s pre-election wish listSubscription
Parties exhorted to prioritise research investment and internationalisation
- Hefce warning over overseas students and pensions
- Regent’s University London joins UUK
- Rollback of post-study work rules mootedSubscription
- Hepi wants change to "messy status quo" on private providers
- Hillman holds his hands up over RAB charge ‘mistake’Subscription
- Staffordshire University to move out of Stafford
- Former investment banker to be new SLC chair