John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia. He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
University financial health check 2014Subscription
How are universities faring after the first full year of operating under the £9,000 fees regime?
Student loan income at institution owned by BV holding company rises
Recruitment trends favour the selectiveSubscription
Universities with high tariffs gain most under new fees regime, Hefce finds
- Budgeting rules adjusted to manage costs of student loansSubscription
- Graduates will be paying well into their fiftiesSubscription
- A-level changes criticised by scientific community
- NUS blasts David Willetts over changes to disabled students’ support
- Higher education contributes £73bn to UK plcSubscription
- Sir David Watson: Russell Group is not all it’s cracked up to beSubscription
- No bonanza for those who left places unfilledSubscription