John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia.
He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
John was winner of the outstanding higher education journalism category at the 2014 CIPR Education Journalism Awards, having been runner-up in the outstanding national education journalism category at the 2013 awards.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
Partnership between UCL IoE, Lancaster and Sheffield aims to boost research in the field
England’s universities risk being “unable to deliver the scale of investment” needed to “remain internationally competitive”.
SLC fee payments to private college suspended pending BIS investigation with a QAA report expected in April
- Does the sector need a ‘teaching REF’?Subscription
- Saudi delivers undiplomatic verdict on UK universitiesSubscription
- Lack of detail on PhD loan scheme signals ‘clear and present danger’Subscription
- Jisc’s battle for Britain’s shared IT services: the beginning of the end?Subscription
- Postgraduate research loans 'could be restricted to certain subjects'
- Uclan v-c Gerry Kelleher to stand down
- Keele University promotes deputy v-c to top job