John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia.
He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
John was runner-up in the outstanding national education journalism category at the 2013 CIPR Education Journalism Awards.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
Teaching postgraduates costs £11,300 on average while the figure for undergraduates is £7,700, according to a study for England’s funding council.
Upper-level turbulence hits another institution in a rough year for university leaders
Coalition partner’s fees ‘betrayal’ could bring 2015 poll shifts in student-heavy constituencies. The campus political landscape assessed
- Science and Innovation Strategy launched by government
- New code for university governing councils published
- Margaret Hodge tears into government over private colleges
- Private providers asked for urgent figures on widening participation
- Manchester Met appoints Malcolm Press as next v-c
- Questions remain over postgraduate loan figuresSubscription
- University of Northampton refuses FoI request for minutesSubscription