John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia.
He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
John was runner-up in the outstanding national education journalism category at the 2013 CIPR Education Journalism Awards.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
Claim rejected by UUK chief executive who defends breadth of university sector
University staff would see “tens of thousands of pounds a year wiped off their pensions” if Universities UK plans for change are introduced.
Pension fund that invested £16 million in project at centre of kickbacks case
- It will be ‘tough’ to nail down fees policy by December, Byrne saysSubscription
- The UK: where world leaders come to learnSubscription
- John Denham: £9K fee system ‘wastes money’
- Yvette Cooper confirms net migration pledge
- Provide alternative to current HE funding system, Labour told
- Scottish universities respond to 'No' vote
- Labour’s proposed £6K fees policy to be omitted from leader’s conference speechSubscription