John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia.
He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
John was runner-up in the outstanding national education journalism category at the 2013 CIPR Education Journalism Awards.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
Union members at Plymouth University have given their vice-chancellor, Wendy Purcell, a vote of no confidence.
The professor who was cleared of charges of undermining authority faces substantial costs after hiring barristers for tribunal
James Brokenshire labelled ‘silly’ as he defends immigration policy despite traffic from the subcontinent dropping by half
- University Alliance names new chief executive
- Thomas Docherty ‘deeply moved’ by support
- Next government must ‘prioritise’ new HE law, says Hefce
- ‘Cheap, pathetic gestures’ on immigration harming HE
- University levy on graduates could end taxpayer ‘burden’ - thinktank
- Thomas Docherty ‘to be cleared of all charges’ by Warwick
- Willetts appointed to teach and research at King's College London