John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia.
He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
John was runner-up in the outstanding national education journalism category at the 2013 CIPR Education Journalism Awards.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
Public funding for universities should be scrapped and replaced by graduates paying an earnings levy to their institutions, according to a thinktank.
Ruling follows internal investigation, and comes nine months after suspension
David Willetts, the former universities and science minister, has been appointed as a visiting professor at King’s
- Plymouth deputy goes on secondment
- Milburn tells universities to put ‘shoulders to the wheel’ on access
- Wendy Purcell hires discrimination lawyers as Plymouth University prepares final reportSubscription
- Academy’s fat cats ‘too smart’ to attack Labour’s £6,000 fees policySubscription
- Ukip: cut foreign university students from migration figuresSubscription
- Chuka Umunna pledges action on lack of black professors
- Lower tuition fees would only benefit high earners, says Lib Dem MPSubscription