John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia.
He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
John was winner of the outstanding higher education journalism category at the 2014 CIPR Education Journalism Awards, having been runner-up in the outstanding national education journalism category at the 2013 awards.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
Thirty-six Lib Dems in firing line, including Nick Clegg, plus two Tories
Tories talk of tougher visas and recognising top teaching. Labour alters funding plan for £6K fees. Greens promise to abolish fees
Strategic barriers that lead to low female numbers in senior roles are a priority, says new chief
- UKIP would make STEM tuition-fee free, and revise net migration count
- Lib Dem manifesto pledges regulation and review for higher education
- Tory manifesto promises ‘framework on teaching quality’
- Greens commit to abolishing fees and student debt
- Labour alters funding proposal for fees plan
- BIS civil servant to be new GuildHE chief
- Private colleges may face public fee cutSubscription