John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia.
He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
John was runner-up in the outstanding national education journalism category at the 2013 CIPR Education Journalism Awards.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
A private college that was the subject of a newspaper investigation has been given continued permission by the government to access public funds.
Net migration has risen to 243,000 in the past year, dashing government hopes of meeting its target, although student immigration has remained stable.
Labour would make new “earn while you learn” degrees delivered by “Technical University” partnerships the priority in higher education expansion
- Concerns about Plymouth University chairman predate current crisisSubscription
- State turns to Pearson for help placing for-profit outcastsSubscription
- Southeast Asia ‘needs a strong sector identity’Subscription
- Campus close-up: University of WarwickSubscription
- Public against cutting back on overseas students, poll finds
- Plymouth chair of governors to ‘stand aside’
- Lib Dems to offer science ring-fence pledge