John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia.
He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
John was runner-up in the outstanding national education journalism category at the 2013 CIPR Education Journalism Awards.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
A majority of the public say the government should not reduce overseas student numbers, polling suggests.
Plymouth University’s chair of governors, William Taylor, is to “stand aside” pending the outcome of an investigation into sexual harassment claims
The Liberal Democrats will offer manifesto pledges to ring-fence the science budget and provide “further support” for Catapult centres.
- Students at Pearson College get green light for SLC fundsSubscription
- Plymouth University council chair to be investigated over sexual harassment claims
- Plymouth’s outgoing pro-chancellor takes aim at chair of governors
- Hefce: ‘governance events’ at Plymouth University warrant reviewSubscription
- Amity University seeks site in London for 5,000-student campusSubscription
- Hefce recommends review of governance at Plymouth UniversitySubscription
- David Willetts’ loan book plan: smart business or half-baked?Subscription