John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia.
He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
John was runner-up in the outstanding national education journalism category at the 2013 CIPR Education Journalism Awards.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
Sir David Watson says ministers should have learned lessons of the past
BIS budget may have to bear extra burden, some worry
Architect of Australia’s HECS says change will leave universities free to raise charges far above the cost of teaching students
- Analysis: why are v-cs heading for the door?Subscription
- Learn to earn: best US courses to earn big moneySubscription
- Student loan system ‘needs urgent review’, say MPs
- Cable ‘scraps’ sale of student loans
- New Imperial College president reveals pay
- Concerns over new universities and science minister's dual roleSubscription
- Few regrets for David WillettsSubscription