John Morgan is deputy news editor. He reports on politics and government policy, higher education funding, university governance, mission groups and private provision in the sector as well as higher education in Asia.
He completed a PhD in English literature at the University of Leeds before spending three years as a reporter at the Cambridge News, where he was health correspondent.
John was winner of the outstanding higher education journalism category at the 2014 CIPR Education Journalism Awards, having been runner-up in the outstanding national education journalism category at the 2013 awards.
- +44 (0)20 3194 3213
Comments follow huge hike in net migration figures
Hepi document envisages harsher repayment terms for students and loan book sold at a loss
The former president of the National Union of Students explains how his background helped Labour take Ilford North from the Tories
- South Bank head Dave Phoenix to be new Million+ chair
- Sector stands by for battles over cuts, fees and EuropeSubscription
- Ministers’ network effect set to cheer sectorSubscription
- Engagement is bigger thrill than exit poll, academic saysSubscription
- Jo Johnson is new minister covering higher education
- Sajid Javid replaces Vince Cable as business secretary
- Cable, Huppert lose seats as Streeting wins