Jack Grove is a reporter covering teaching and learning, quality assurance, student affairs and access to higher education. He also covers industrial relations and developments in European higher education. He has a BA in English from the University of Bristol, and previously worked on newspapers including the Cambridge News and the Peterborough Evening Telegraph.
Jack can be found on Twitter at @jgro_the
- +44 (0)20 3194 3471
The number of UK students applying to medical and dentistry schools, veterinary courses and Oxbridge has fallen by 5 per cent, new figures show.
Big brother in the academySubscription
As monitoring of scholars’ performance, time and output increases, so do reservations about its value and effectiveness
Students at post-1992 institutions will receive just a quarter of the help offered by older universities
- How is austerity impacting on Europe’s universities?Subscription
- UCL and IoE set a date for union
- Universities ‘face cutbacks’ if USS not reformed, say employers
- UCU members back strike action over pensions reform
- NUS highlights students’ key role in general election
- Parents’ advice on applications still key, say students
- UUK data 'misleading' over the impact of USS reformSubscription