Chris Parr is social media reporter with responsibility for Times Higher Education's online channels, while also covering IT and technology issues in the sector. He joined the magazine in September 2012, and was previously chief reporter on SecEd newspaper, and then deputy editor of Independent Nurse magazine. He holds a BA in Politics from the University of Newcastle, and - in his spare time - runs the UK’s leading Bolton Wanderers podcast.
Chris can be found tweeting at ChrisParrTHE
- +44 (0)20 3194 3449
An online university has teamed up with the UN High Commissioner for Refugees to offer tuition-free, accredited HE to refugees and asylum seekers
The average US student’s experience varies widely between universities, even when the institutions are similarly selective and of a comparable size.
There are about 15,000 more 18-year-old boys with an A level in physics applying to university than girls, according to new statistics
- Top 20 universities for producing billionaires
- Will universities’ bullying boomerang?Subscription
- Glasgow academic denies financial interest in paper on frackingSubscription
- Sector urged to put brakes on Confucius Institutes’ expansionSubscription
- Women and ethnic minorities still marginalised at top of universities
- NUS publishes ‘roadmap for free education’
- Report highlights 10 trends set to shake up education