On the move...
- Mike Pittilo , principal of Robert Gordon University, becomes patron of the British Association for the Advancement of Science's Aber-deen branch.
- Nigel Brandon , Imperial College London professor of sustainable development, is now energy senior research fellow, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
- Dundee University has appointed Kirsty Gunn , winner of a Scottish Arts Council writer's bursary and the London Arts Board Literature Award, to a new chair of creative writing.
- Andy Garner , former head of Manchester University's School of Medicine, becomes dean of Keele University's health faculty.
- Corinne de Vries , head of pharmacoepidemiology at Surrey University, has been elected vice-president finance and vice-president of the International Society of Pharmacoepidemiology.
- Hertfordshire University has appointed Stephen Boffey , director of widening participation and dean of the faculty of interdisciplinary studies, to the post of dean of faculty and pro vice-chancellor (regional affairs); and John Senior , currently director of enterprise and knowledge transfer, as dean of faculty and pro vice-chancellor (research).
- Stirling University has appointed Grant Jarvie deputy principal for learning and teaching. Stephen Morrow will replace him as head of the sports studies department.
- Georgina Mace , director of science at the Zoological Society of London, is appointed professor of conservation science and director of the Natural Environment Research Council's centre for population biology, Imperial College London.