"I/A" Item Note: Proposed Decision Concerning the 7th Framework Programme
Brussels, 19 Sep 2006
Nos Cion props: 8087/05 RECH 80 ATO 45 COMPET 68 CODEC 266, 11142/06 RECH 181 ATO 74 COMPET 188 CODEC 703
Subject: Proposal for a Decision of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning the 7th Framework Programme of the European Community for research, technological development and demonstration activities (2007-2013) [first reading]
- Adoption of (cp + s)
(a) a common position
(b) a statement of the Council's reasons
1. On 15 April 2005 the Commission sent the Council the above proposal 1, based on Article 166 of the EC Treaty.
2. The Committee of the Regions delivered its Opinion on 16 November 2005 2. The Economic and Social Committee delivered its Opinion on 14 December 2005 3.
3. The European Parliament delivered its Opinion at first reading on 14 June 2006 4, adopting 322 amendments to the Commission proposal.
4. Under Article 250(2) of the EC Treaty, the Commission submitted an amended proposal on 29 June 2006 1.
5. At its 2747th meeting on 24 July 2006, the Competitiveness Council reached political agreement on a common position concerning the above Decision.
6. The Permanent Representatives Committee is asked to advise the Council to:
adopt the common position in 12032/06 and the statement of reasons in
12032/06 ADD 1 as an "A" item at a forthcoming meeting, with the Austrian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish and Slovak delegations voting against;
have the statements in the addendum hereto entered in the minutes of that meeting.
[Public Info Net automatically generates links to Council Register documents where an appropriately formatted document number is given. However, the document may not be available for public use and/or it may not be loaded on the Council Register yet.]