On the move...
* Anne Garden , former director of medical studies and professor of medical education at Liverpool University, has been appointed director of the Centre for Medical Education at Lancaster University.
* Melanie Davies has been appointed chairwoman of diabetes medicine at Leicester University. She has been a consultant physician at University Hospitals of Leicester since 1996 and served as head of service for metabolic medicine from March 2001. She has been a member of the Department of Health diabetes research panel, a member of key committees for Diabetes UK and chairwoman of the National Health Service research and development programme for diabetes.
* Bournemouth University has appointed Liisa Rohumaa , deputy editor of the Financial Times website, ft.com, online journalist-in-residence.
* David Williams has been appointed managing director of Coventry University Enterprises, the university's commercial arm.
* John Standen has been appointed chairman of the council of Hull University from June. He is chairman of Reg Vardy plc, Chapelthorpe plc and Z Group plc. He is also senior non-executive director of Lavendon plc and Financial Objects plc. In a voluntary capacity, he is a vice-chairman of Leonard Cheshire. Mr Standen spent his career in investment banking and was chief executive of BZW Corporate Finance before retiring from Barclays in 1998.
* Nottingham University has announced that Wyn Morgan , an associate professor in the School of Economics, has been seconded to the post of director of e-learning.